Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Sushi Nanaimo

So it is another Tuesday night, Meko and I were just debating where to head for dinner. I suggested an inexpensive place, since I just order some snowboarding gears. Meko was really craving sushi, though he insisted that we will both be poisoned by mercury one day from our high level of raw fish consumption... I hope not... haha. I simply love sashimi too much!!

One of our favourite cheap eats is Sushi Nanaimo! Great service and great food. Perfect spot to get our daily fixtures of large pieces of sashimi, california rolls, etc. I think this place is very comparable to Sushi Garden. But I personally prefer Sushi Nanaimo for dinner since the wait time is less and it is easier to find parking.

Salmon Sashimi, 9 pieces ($8.95)
Mmmm... your classic quantity over quality sashimi! I don't always eat expensive, I still enjoy my cheap sushi eats.

California Roll ($2.95)
They have used a good amount of mayo. I enjoyed it.

Spicy Chopped Scallop Roll ($3.75)
It was alright, but not my favourite roll. Not very fresh.

Yaki Udon, panned fried with beef and vegetable ($7.95)
Very good flavour. Their yaki udon is more moist than other places. They don't cheap out, there is a lot of beef and green onion. But I love my carbs. I ended giving most my beef to Meko and ate most of the udon.

Location: Nanaimo Street and Hastings Street. There is a bus stop right in front of the restaurant. For those who are driving, there are parking on Nanaimo Street. Be careful of the no parking times. Note: they are closed between lunch and dinner.

Food: Solid, cheap sushi eat.
Service: Excellent. Every time I leave the restaurant, one of the waitresses always held the door for me and thanked me for coming in.
Price: The total came to $26 with tax for two people.
Recommended? Great for a quick, cheap dinner. I am almost a regular here. We visit this restaurant at least twice a month. Great to dine in and take out.

- Hippo


Sushi Nanaimo
350 Nanaimo Street
Vancouver, B.C.
Phone: 604-876-9200

Sushi Nanaimo on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment